Monday, March 8, 2010

James Cameron V. Kathryn Bigelow

I didn't actually watch the Academy Awards last night because there were very few movies that actually could have been nominated alongside last year's 5 nominees. Because of last year's infamous snub of The Dark Knight, the Academy decided that it would be best to nominate 10 films for the category of Best Movie. This would've been a solid idea had it come last year, when there were so many good films, that one of the most memorable movies of all time didn't make it onto the ballot. Out of this year's crop Avatar and The Hurt Locker were the only two movies that really had any shot at winning an Oscar. Now, this showdown would've been great, if the audiences didn't have to wade through 8 subpar films to get to the ones that stood a chance. These two titan directors were actually married between 1989 and 1991, at which point they filed for divorced. If I was Kathryn Bigelow, I would have felt pretty good about myself as I kicked the shit out of my Ex-Beau's 300 million dollar project, winning 6 of the 8 categories that the two director's films were associated with.

I'd also like to say that starting with today's blog, I'm adding a new segment called Woohoo & Boohoo that is pretty self explanatory...

Woohoo: I'd like to give the first ever Woohoo to my girlfriend's father, Azzam Alwash. Yesterday I found out that he's on the ballot for Iraq's current Presidential election, and despite the fact that he has done no campaigning and has absolutely no desire to win, that's still an incredibly feat.

Boohoo: I'm going to give my first Boohoo to (R-Ok) Senator James Inhofe for his recent comments on global climate change. He made the point that because of the recent 'snow-pocalypse' and 'snow-mageddon' that hit the Washington D.C. area, there is clearly no such thing as global warming. Listen Inhofe, you clearly weren't paying attention in your science classes or you'd know that these snow storms are actually defined as 'weather,' not 'climate.' Sure, it was colder in D.C. during those storms, but if you would just do a little research, you'd see that the average temperature in that area has risen over the past year. That's called looking at the big picture, but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

That's all for today so I hope that more of you subscribe and leave comments!
Sovereignty, hurry your ass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment