Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It Sucks To Be Chip Kelly Right Now

Look at this still frame. This exact moment marks the beginning of the downfall of the University of Oregon's football team. Now, some of you might be saying, "Hey, Oregon won the Pac 10 this year! How can you say that their football program is declining?" It is true that after starting 0-1 in a loss to Boise State, 'The U of O' recovered and finished with a 10-3 record and a Rose bowl berth. However, the incident that is depicted above, involving Legarrette Blount punching a Boise State lineman in the face, was the first criminal charge that faced Head Coach Chip Kelly's football team. The first of many. Since then, 5 Oregon football players have been arrested and one has been kicked off the team. Surprisingly, the one that was kicked off the team, WR Jamere Holland, was not one of the players that has been arrested. I have a problem with that. These men are supposed to be students that are involved in sports, not the other way around. In college, football is a privilege, and that privilege should be taken away from any student who is involved in illegal activities while on that team. Among the players arrested were QB Jeremiah Masoli, All Pac 10 RB LaMichael James, WR Garrett Embry, LB Kiko Alonso, and K Rob Beard. I understand that Chip Kelly has only been the Duck's coach since last year, but he needs to get control of his football team. I honestly think that the only reason that they won the Pac 10 this year is because these players, despite their obvious athletic talent, would have been kicked off of any other school's football team, even though it would have cost that team wins.

Woohoo: Today's woohoo goes to the pop singer Ke$ha. I just found out that she almost scored a 2400 out of 2400 on the SAT when she was a junior. I'm flabbergasted. I honestly thought that the reason her name was spelled 'Ke$ha' was because she couldn't find the 'S' key on her computer. Who would of thought that a singer, who's current single is entitled "Blah, Blah, Blah," could actually have grown up to be a doctor or something? I know that I couldn't.

Boohoo: Today's boohoo goes to whoever started this rumor about Abraham Lincoln actually being more black then Barack Obama. Are you effing kidding me? I've done no research on this topic, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the fact that his father was born in Kenya makes Barack Obama EXACTLY 50% Kenyan. In being 50% Kenyan, Obama is clearly 50% black. In order for Abraham Lincoln to have been 50% black, one of his parents would have had to been a slave, since slavery was not abolished until Lincoln's presidency. I believe that is enough proof that Abraham Lincoln couldn't possibly be as black as Barack Obama, let alone more black. Try to think before you talk.

Before I go, I want to remind everyone who reads this blog to please subscribe to me. This doesn't require making an account or paying a fee or anything like that. You can use your yahoo or gmail email or even your facebook account. So please subscribe to me and leave comments. Gracias. Sovereignty, hurry your ass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment