Monday, March 15, 2010

10 Reasons to Watch a 5 Win Over a 10

I went to visit UC Riverside this weekend and although there was tons to do during the day, there was absolutely nothing to do at night. Although I didn't think it looked that good, I decided to catch the 7:50 showing of She's Out of My League in Redlands. The commercials did not do this movie justice at all! There were points during this movie that I literally thought that I was going to pee myself (and not because of my cherry icee). For those of you who have no intention of seeing it, I have decided to make a list of the 10 reasons you should definitely spend the money to catch this flick.
1. It's hysterical: I can't emphasize this enough...I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO PEE MYSELF!
2. It's also a feel good movie: It's pretty hard to frown when the good guy actually wins
3. It's a whole lot better than Remember Me: Robert Pattinson's attempt to avoid being typecast as a vampire has come too little too late
4. It takes place in Pittsburgh: Please name one other movie that takes place in Steel Town
5. Fresh faces: The most famous actor in the movie is the lady who played Eric Forman's mom in That 70's Show
6. Jay Baruchel: In his first role as a leading man, Jay does an outstanding job. Mark my words, we'll be seeing him a lot in the future.
7. The most relatable character EVER!: I've never wanted any character to get the girl so badly before
8. T.J. Miller: As the goofball friend who is obsessed with people's ratings, T.J. Miller hardly says a thing that doesn't make you ROTFL (Roll on the floor laughing)
9. Less typical plot structure: Where all romantic comedies have a pretty much flawless relationship, other then one hiccup at the movie's climax, She's Out of My League does a much better job of depicting a real-life relationship
10. Disney references: For those of us that grew up during the time that movies like Aladdin and Beauty and The Beast were coming out, it's refreshing to get every reference made in a movie.

Woohoo: Today's woohoo, ironically, goes to Oregon football coach Chip Kelly. Although I said a lot of bad things about him in my last post, he actually did something very impressive recently...he suspended QB Jeremiah Masoli for one year for his recent off-the-field problems. Now, I would have kicked him off the team for good, but at least he's doing something to prevent future problems.

Boohoo: My boohoo of the day goes to Ladanian Tomlinson. Lt, what are you doing? You said you wanted to sign with a team that had a real shot at winning a Super Bowl. You said you wanted a team with an established quarterback running the offense. So why the hell did you sign a 2 year contract with the New York Jets? This makes absolutely no sense to me. The New York Jets went 9-7 last year and barely made the playoffs. In reality, they only truly won 7 games before their last two opponents (who had already qualified for the playoffs and didn't want to injure their starters) played them with their bench-warmers. New York also has a second-year starting quarterback who threw twice as many interceptions as he threw touchdowns last year and a second year coach who is the biggest crybaby I've ever seen coach football. When your contract in New York runs out you'll be almost 33 and will have nothing decorating your fingers, I promise you that. Sovereignty, hurry your ass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment