Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How Mad Can March Madness Get?

Mad Hatter mad. I don't know for sure if this is true or not, but I heard that espn.com doesn't have a single person who has a perfect bracket anymore. That's insane! There are over 308 million people living in the United States! Of course, most people don't fill out a bracket, but even if just 1 in 308 people did, 1 million people would have filled out a bracket. It's ridiculous to even think random probability wouldn't allow at least one winner. I have chosen not to post my bracket here today purely out of embarrassment. I will, however, tell you that I had Georgetown in the Elite 8, as well as Kansas and Villanova in the Final Four. I am proud to say that I predicted Cal to beat Louisville and Washington to beat Marquette and New Mexico. I now think that Kentucky will probably win the championship, but I wouldn't be surprised if Washington, Northern Iowa, and Saint Mary's gave them some trouble along the way.

Woohoo: Today's woohoo goes to UC Riverside because, much like a highly sought-after football recruit, I am now verbally committing to attend the University this fall.

Boohoo: My boohoo of the day goes to everyone who is making such a big deal about David Beckham missing the World Cup. How is that news? David Beckham is honestly not even good anymore, and is definitely too old to keep up with the likes of Lionel Messi, Kaka, and Samuel Et'o. I like how Salvador Cabanas, Paraguay's leading scorer, got shot in the head and hardly made any headlines. The guy is in a coma, and if he ever wakes up, he will never be able to play soccer again. That's news. Sovereignty, hurry your ass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment